Imagine a future that offers both carefree independence and assisted living - when you need it! Plan now...
Advantages of a Seniors Cooperative:
By operating as a not-for-profit cooperative, many advantages are available to the members:
- There has been a reduction of about 26% in development costs over what a private developer would experience. This savings includes realtor commissions, mortgage and interest costs during construction, and developer profits.
- In a seniors housing cooperative, people can start out living independently, and, as the need arises, additional supports can be available for those needing assistance or care.
- Residents will have a say in their future, and become part of a community of individuals who value their freedom to make choices. This will include operation of the community itself.
- It is anticipated that living costs in the Château Grandview could be much less than in a 'for profit' based development
- Choice of accommodation suited to you
- Purchase a unit at the lowest possible cost
- Decision in the options and interior finishing
- Choice of units is based on first come-first served
- Have a voice in the running of the community
Read some of the comments sent in by current members in our Member Testimonials section.
How to Become a Member
Membership in the Kootenay Columbia Seniors’ Housing Cooperative is open to anyone of legal age upon payment of a non refundable, one-time application fee of $250. Members may invest in a unit but may not take up residence in Grandview Heights or Château Grandview until they are 55 years of age or better.
We'd love to hear from you about any questions or inquiries you may have! Contact one of our members for more information about this development.
Ready to Apply for Membership?
If you are ready to join us, download and print the Application form, fill it out and sign it. Your cheque can be made out to KCHSC and mailed to us with your application at:
For further information, call: